Learn what mold is and what to do about it

What is mold? It is the enemy of your health when it is growing in your home. Black mold and mildew are sure signs that you have a water problem. This type of water damage restoration has a direct impact on the health of your family and needs to be taken seriously.

What is mold? Mold is a microscopic organism that digests organic matter and reproduces by releasing spores. Molds are one of over 5,000 types of fungi. In nature, mold helps decompose leaves, wood and other plant debris.

The problem occurs when mold enters our home and begins digesting our walls, floors, etc. If this is left untreated, you will only have more and more water damage.

How To Get Rid Of Black Mold

What is mold? How can you get rid of it? These are good questions that sometimes require quite a bit of work to solve. Once you learn the source of the problem, you can fix it.

What is mold and how does mold grow in my home?

Mold enters your home as tiny spores, and these tiny spores require moisture to grow. As they grow, they digest your home and destroy it. Give them a nice place to live and you will have mold. What is mold? It is bad for you!

Almost any surface will do: walls, carpets, ceiling tiles, wallpaper, sheet rock, insulation, even paint! All that is required for mold to grow is a suitable environment. What is mold in your home, other than an unwelcome guest! Getting rid of mold and mildew can be difficult, but the sooner you start on it, the better.

There is no way to keep all mold spores out of your home, but you can control the growth of mold by keeping your home dry. In some areas this is rather difficult, but with the right know-how it can be done.

What is mold and is it bad for your health?

For healthy people mold is not harmful. However, people with asthma, or who have allergies, mold can pose a health threat.

The reaction to mold may be eye irritation, skin rash, nasal congestion, runny nose, and difficulty breathing. For those with asthma the risks can be magnified. For some people mold spores can trigger an asthma attack. Certain molds produce toxins called mycotoxins.

When people are exposed to high levels of mold mycotoxins, they may experience headaches, nausea, fatigue and;eye and lung irritation. If you suspect that your symptoms are caused by mold exposure, you should see a physician.

Mold is Bad for health

Mold is Bad for health

What is mold and how are people exposed to molds?

When molds are disturbed, they release spores into the air. Often this occurs when people are cleaning up mold. The mold spores are released into the air and inhaled into the lungs.

Many people report headaches and runny noses after just a little exposure to mold spores. Contact with the skin is another way to be exposed to mold spores. This can happen through touching moldy items, eating moldy food or incidental hand to mouth contact.